Care Connections is the premier provider of home health care in East Lansing MI. Our elder care services are second to none. Our staff truly cares about the welfare and security of your loved ones and is thoroughly trained in all of the home health care services we provide.
We provide the following home care services:
- Extensive, hands-on, personal care (grooming, bathing, dressing)
- Medication assistance
- Companionship/Homemaking services
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia care
- Transportation/Special transfers/Hoyer lifts
- Bladder/Bowel care
- Mobility wellness/Exercise programs
Tri-County Office on Aging
Since 1974 the Tri-County Office on Aging (TCOA) has been the region’s one-stop-shop for information and services that older adults, persons with disabilities and their families need to live independently and remain active in their communities.
At TCOA, we are part of the community. We serve our neighbors, friends and family members every day. Our mission is to promote and preserve the independence and dignity of the aging population. To accomplish this mission, we connect people who need help to service providers, volunteers, donors, businesses and governments throughout Eaton, Clinton and Ingham Counties and the Cities of Lansing and East Lansing, Although TCOA’s Meals On Wheels is our best-known program our reach goes well beyond providing nourishing meals. Many of our services are provided at no or low-cost or have fees based on a sliding scale.
TRI-COUNTY OFFICE ON AGING
- Address – 5303 South Cedar, Suite 1, Lansing, Michigan, 48911-3800
- Email – email@example.com
- Information & Assistance – 517-887-1440 or toll free 800-405-9141
More Information About East Lansing MI
The settlement of East Lansing began around 1847, the same year nearby Lansing was made the capital of the state of Michigan. Downtown East Lansing was an important junction of two major Native American trails: the Okemah Road, and the Park Lake Trail. By 1850, the Lansing and Howell Plank Road Company was established to connect a toll road to the Detroit and Howell Plank Road, improving travel between Detroit and Lansing, which cut right through what is now East Lansing. The toll road was finished in 1853, and included seven tollhouses between Lansing and Howell.
Michigan State University was founded in 1855 and established in what is now East Lansing in 1857. For the first four decades, the students and faculty lived almost entirely on the College campus. A few commuted from Lansing, and that number increased when a streetcar line was built in the 1890s, but there were few places to live in the then-rural area immediately around the campus.
That started to change in 1887, when professors William J. Beal and Rolla C. Carpenter created Collegeville, along what is now Harrison Road and Center and Beal Streets, north of Michigan Avenue. Few faculty were attracted to the location, and the first residents were “teamsters and laborers”.In 1898, the College Delta subdivision (including what is now Delta Street) had the support of the College itself, which provided utilities, and several professors built homes there (one of which survives today at 243 W. Grand River Ave.). Other subdivisions followed.
At that time, the post office address was “Agricultural College, Michigan”. A school district encompassing the nascent community was created in 1900. In 1907, incorporation as a city was proposed under the name “College Park”; the legislature approved the charter but changed the name to “East Lansing”. The first seven mayors, starting with Clinton D. Smith in 1907 and Warren Babcock in 1908, were professors or employees of the College.
The city charter in 1907 prohibited the possession, sale, or consumption of alcoholic beverages, and East Lansing was a “dry” city until voters modified the charter provision in 1968.